!Freight trains don’t travel at fixed times, and schedules for passenger trains change. Always expect a train at each highways trail intersections
- All train tracks are private property never walk on tracks; its illegal to trespass and highly dangerous.
- Trains have the right of way 100% of the time over emergency vehicles, cars the police and pedestrians.
- Today’s trains are quieter than ever. Any approaching train is always closer moving faster, than you think.
- Cros train tracks only at designated pedestrian or roadway crossings. Obey all warning signs and signal posted.
- Stay alert around railroad tracks. No texting, headphones or other distrations it can prevent you from having an approaching train.
- Flashing red lights indicates a train approaching from either distractions.
Source: Operation Lifesaver